Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

still no surgery scheduled

The member services person seemed to get things moving but I think it is still a ruse.
The gate-keeping at Kaiser is exhausting to deal with. Somehow I start thinking that I don't have a right to prompt service.
This is especially pernicious because it is a manipulation of my mental health at a time when my physical health is compromised meaning I have less will to fight.
Natually, the wost symptoms always come during the middle of the night. On Monday night at 12:23 I woke with intense burning pain in my back. No change in position made it better. I finally got up and took some Tylenol 3. Eventually I went back to sleep, probably when the drug kicked in. In the morning, oddly enough, I was pain free!

The member services person talked with sechduling. She learned that I am on the "cancellation" list. If someone cancels their surgery I will be called. This is VERY UNLIKELY. She was unable to tell me if I was on the August list.
She said another option for me is to go to a different Kaiser facility that doesn't have such an impacted schedule.
I was so grateful for her help. I thanked her profusely. As it turned out she didn't do much. I called the other facility. They said that I couldn't go there without a referral from my other doctor. I still have a bunch of legwork to do. Kaiser makes it so difficult!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]