Sunday, April 01, 2007

 

Getting ready for China

I need to make the most of my almost-5 days in Beijing.
I plan to see the famous things like Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.
I want to eat Peking Duck and see the famous tombs and temples.
But the thing I am looking forward to the most is the Great Wall.
There are at least 4 segments of the Great Wall that are near Beijing. I have decided that I want to go to Jinshanling and then walk 10k on the the wall to Simatai. It seems like the perfect China experience for me. Walk along the ancient wall. I've seem many pictures of it with stretching off into the distance with towers every so often.
I'm told that the landscape is fairly wild and beautiful. I hope that the trees are beginning to leaf out. It should be a very fun hike.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]