Sunday, February 18, 2007

 

fury

It seems very possible that my intense reaction to frustrations with inanimate objects in my life may be displaced anger that I feel but don't express.

TurboTax sucks!
I wasted most of the day yesterday attempting to download the updates. They promised that with my 56k modem it might take up to an hour. It took over 5 and then when my computer attempted to expand the files it froze completely and I had to reboot, losing the whole thing.
They also promised that if the modem closed the connection due to "inactivity" I should be able to dial up again and TurboTax would resume downloading where it left off. THERE IS NO "RESUME" BUTTON. The only thing that I can do after redialing is "CANCEL" which means starting over.

You would think that a product that has been on the market for at least 10 years now would get better with time.

Somehow it appears that they are making it my fault that they have produced a product which is impossible to use.
What happened to "the customer is always right"?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]