Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

the phone drama continues

The problem with the phone being connected to our front door is that we use the phone keypad to open the door. So even if the person calls on another phone we still have to go down 4 floors to open the door for them. Also, they would need to know our other phone number, which is fine for friends but a definite problem for delivery people.
Our 'cableguy' manager used his equipment to test our phone. It's the line coming into the building and not something within our house. This is a GOOD thing because I will be out of town (in Wisconsin) on the up-coming repair day. Now I think I will put a note on our intercom button telling the phone guy (I expect a "guy" too!) to check only the outside line. I'd better because he might go away without doing anything if I am not here. Very annoying! Bill said that the reason they made me wait so long for the repair guy is because it is cheaper for Verizon to give customers a credit for lost service than it is to pay overtime for someone to come out promptly. I hate the corporate mentality!

I went hiking in Altadena yesterday. The weather was amazing. 85 degrees on Jan 6! The trail had repeated views of downtown LA. Really nice! I was reminded of how much I love the nearby mountains. The piney smell, the quiet so near to the city. A couple miles up the hill and back. It is good for the soul!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]